Resident Connections Coordinator – Temporary
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Organization Background |
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,000 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 3,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
|Duties:||Position Responsibilities |
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished direct service professional to join our Resident Connections team in September 2013 for up to six months. The Resident Connections Coordinator develops and implements strategies for resident stability and community building at our Minneapolis properties. This energetic and adaptable Coordinator will work as part of a team to assist residents to maintain housing, support access to community resources, and foster engagement amongst a diverse resident community including formerly homeless individuals, low-income workers, and people recovering from chemical dependency. This position will report to the Director of Supportive Housing and Resident Connections.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Welcome new residents and actively build relationships, explaining the resident services program, and offering information and support to those wishing to access resources.
• Identify, develop and maintain referral partnerships with local social service agencies that effectively assist residents to achieve their basic needs and life goals in areas including education, employment, mental and physical health. Accessing mental health crisis services or Adult Protective Services for residents is a common component of the position.
• Develop supportive professional relationships with residents that help enhance the quality of their lives, empower and encourage them in taking the steps to achieve self-sufficiency. The Coordinator must have passion for ending homelessness and building community.
• Partner with Property Management when a resident is in jeopardy of eviction and offer support to the resident to positively and quickly rectify the situation. The Coordinator offers support and connection to social services, public assistance and independent living skills.
• Facilitate resident meetings with Property Management and implement community engagement activities such as employment skills workshops, resident leadership councils, community health education workshops and social celebrations, often with the support of outside volunteers.
• Consistently track, measure and report program progress through paper documentation and software. Computer and technical skills are applied daily.
• Two or more years related experience working with: individuals experiencing mental health issues; ethnically diverse populations; people experiencing or significantly impacted by poverty
• Skilled in the following: relationship building, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and navigation of the Twin Cities’ social service systems
• Educational background in the field of human services is strongly preferred
• Training in mental health and/or chemical dependency strongly preferred
• Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance strongly preferred
• case management experience and/or work in the field of housing & homelessness is preferred.
• Flexible schedule is preferred as events occasionally occur on weeknights and weekends
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.