Fund Development Assistant
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with education and experience.|
|Benefits:||Benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,000 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 3,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
The Fund Development Assistant is accountable for the day-to-day administration of Aeon’s Contact Relationship Management (CRM) web-based system (CommonGround - SalesForce platform) to include integrity, accuracy and quality of donor-related information. This position is responsible for complex data and gift entry, donation tracking and reporting, and list management. The Fund Development Assistant will report to the Fund Development Manager but will provide administrative support to the Fund Development/ Communications/Volunteer team.
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain accuracy of information in the Contact Relationship Management (CRM) database.
• Develop and implement systems, standards and procedures regarding gifts/donations/pledges with the Fund Development & Finance teams to meet business requirements.
• Primary individual for data entry and/or other changes required in the system.
• In conjunction with Finance Coordinator, handle all gift entries, including pledges, pledge adjustments, pledge payments and one-time gifts. If there are adjustments to pledges, ensure Finance is aware of those adjustments.
• Complete timely month-end close and reconciliation reports with Finance.
• Manage database users; create and maintain security settings to ensure donor confidentiality.
• Provide strong ownership of organizational data and its integrity.
• Manage scheduling and calendars; arrange meetings and coordinate travel.
• Communicate with donors and donor prospects in a professional and courteous demeanor.
• Provide support for meetings including agendas, materials, and other logistics.
|Qualifications:||• At least 3 consecutive years administrative and database experience or equivalent|
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Working knowledge of nonprofit fundraising and management of data is ideal
• Salesforce/CommonGround experience a plus
• Individual will have be highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and have experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Must possess extreme attention to detail; speed and accuracy are also critical
• Individual will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an understanding of the importance of processes
• Ability to work independently on projects with clear direction, and handle confidential information
• Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with a fund development department
• Individual needs to have a results-driven style and personal accountability
• Strong project management skills and an ability to multi-task with attention to detail and follow through is essential
• Ability to successfully support numerous projects simultaneously; solve problems independently and make independent judgments
• There are busy periods that will require overtime during the second quarter and at the end of calendar year.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.