|February 28, 2013 - July 16, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Salary is commensurate with education and experience.|
|Benefits:||Benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Executive Property Management|
|Description:||Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,000 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 3,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org|
The Portfolio Director will report directly to the Vice President of Property Operations as a dynamic member of Aeon’s operational leadership team. Aeon’s Portfolio Director will lead, develop, and manage all on-site personnel at multiple properties in addition to maintaining strong working relationships with all Aeon management peers and other internal teams. The Portfolio Director will maintain effective relationships with suppliers, vendors, and others serving Aeon. Five to seven employees will report directly to the Portfolio Director with approximately 35 additional staff aligned under this team structure.
The Portfolio Director is an important part of Aeon’s operations leadership team. The team’s mission is to add appropriate services and structure for Aeon residents to help them create a successful home for themselves.
The Portfolio Director will be responsible for maintaining the physical, financial, regulatory, and customer service performance for a portion of Aeon’s apartment communities, in accordance with Aeon’s values, vision, and mission. Other primary responsibilities include selecting, training, development and performance of all personnel assigned, either directly or through others.
Financial Reporting Management
• Provides oversight to development of annual property management plans and operating budgets
• Reviews all monthly financial reports
• Performs annual capital expenditure projections to protect and maximize assets
• Performs property budgeting and reforecasting
Marketing and Leasing Management
• Supervises leasing personnel
• Regularly evaluates market conditions and property comparables
• Implements marketing plans
• Approves and monitors rental rate accommodations for new leases and renewals based on current market information and regulatory requirements
Physical Asset Maintenance and Supervision of Employees and Contractors
• Assures adherence to specifications (both contractual and per Aeon operational requirements)
• Ensures that Aeon’s residents are appropriately served in a positive, welcoming environment
• Works with other Aeon staff and outside parties to help assist Aeon residents to engage within their community and help create home for themselves
• Ensures quality employee selection, training, performance and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies, procedures, and performance expectations
• Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and other matters, as appropriate
• Spends a percentage of time on obtaining market knowledge, community relations, and asset evaluation activities
• Ensures property files and records are maintained according to regulatory requirements and Aeon policies and procedures
• Continually improves management and technical skills
|Qualifications:||This critical position requires at least 10+ years of overall experience with progressive on-site and supervisory leadership responsibilities. Brokers License preferred. Candidate must possess proven abilities in high-level financial analysis, property budgeting and reforecasting. A progressively successful track record in property management in either the private sector or non-profit sector is required. Prior experience with affordable housing leasing, management and regulations is preferred. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and motivational abilities, exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with a wide range of people. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and some form of property management software is required. Experience with Yardi is preferred. Candidate must have advanced knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and regulations. Valid driver's license is required.|
The candidates for Portfolio Director must also have a track record of building strong mutually beneficial relationships and achieving results through empowering people. Candidate will also possess proven success with supervising and mentoring on-site management staff as well as excellent interpersonal, management, and conflict resolution skills. He or she should be a resourceful problem solver with attention to detail and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service and teamwork. Above all, candidate must have a strong belief in the mission of Aeon and in the people and neighborhoods it serves. It is critical that the candidate has the ability to work effectively with a diverse clientele and staff.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.