Senior Project Manager
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with education and experience.|
|Benefits:||Benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner, and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 2,000 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to 3,600 people each year Ė including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources, and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon's mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Director of Housing Development and leads internal and external project teams to effectively and efficiently produce quality, affordable multi-family apartment homes. The Senior Project Manager coordinates housing development projects through predevelopment, financing, regulatory and community approvals, design, and construction. This position directly contributes to Aeonís goal of producing 200 affordable apartment homes each year.
|Duties:||The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and motivational abilities, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to financially model housing development projects. He or she should be a resourceful problem solver with attention to detail and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, community service, and teamwork. Above all, the candidate must have a strong belief in the mission of Aeon and in the people and neighborhoods it serves. It is critical that the candidate has the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.|
|Qualifications:||- Work Experience: A minimum of six years of successful, professional real estate development experience desired, preferably in multi-family affordable housing development in Minnesota or the Twin Cities metropolitan area.|
- Project Leadership: Must have successfully led projects through all development phases, and demonstrated competency in feasibility analysis, political strategy, architectural design and construction, and in the overall real estate development process. Must have proven ability to complete projects on time, within budget, and within quality standards.
- Acquisition: Must have successfully participated in real estate negotiations and acquisitions. Understand options for controlling real estate property, and have an in-depth knowledge of related legal contracts.
- Financing: A strong ability to craft housing development budgets. Must understand financial risk and liability mitigation, and show competency in multi-family real estate and affordable housing financing and analysis.
- Financing Programs: Direct experience with various funding programs including the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program, Federal Funds (CDBG, HOME, etc.), Housing Revenue Bond and/or 501(c)3 Bond programs, HUD mortgage programs (221d4, 223f, 202, 811, etc.), Tax Increment Financing, and programs with Minnesota Housing and its partners.
- Personal Characteristics: Problem-solving skills and resourcefulness are essential. Must exhibit strong relationship building skills, with demonstrated success. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Educational Experience: BA or greater preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.